Crafting with olive branches

I didn't do much painting over the weekend.
On Sunday, my activity was washing the three cars.
I even drove around a little bit.

I didn't intend to drive so far, but the Green car surprised me by acting normally.

I ended up at the beach at sunset, again.
(I didn't get out of the car, though, in order to maintain my distance.)


Today I went to the office for a little.
I helped call people to cancel their ceremonies. It was a little depressing.
It looks like the lock-down will last another month.

While I was at the church I saw some overgrown olive trees, and thought of an idea I saw on Pinterest:
Also one of my co-workers suggested making palm decorations for Palm Sunday.

I cut a grocery-bag full of olive branches. (The tree was shaggy and needed trimming.)

I had this old wreath form, which came from the Dollar Tree.
I discovered that the branches longer than 12" worked the best, at first.
Later I was able to add shorter branches.
It was very messy looking at the end:
The leaves started drooping right away.

It wasn't nice enough to hang on the front door, so I hung it on the back door.

At least, making it was an entertaining way to spend a half an hour...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts