Day one of the lockdown, sort of

Yesterday, the county decided to ban all gatherings of any size.

As of this afternoon, there still isn't any official word from the Diocese.
Our administrator and pastor decided it would be best to close the office today.
It was supposed to be my day off, anyway.


The pastor and priests are learning how to make a live stream of the daily services, which sounds exciting...

Yesterday evening I drove around for the first time in a few days.
I went to a grocery store and witnessed the empty shelves first hand.
I was still able to get a roll of French bread and some cheese.
Mostly all that was left were things like pimientos and olives, and cupcake sprinkles.
It was overall kind of depressing.

Today I worked on some jewelry. I hadn't made some in awhile.
I liked this bracelet I made awhile back, and hoped to replicate it in a different color.


Unfortunately I didn't have a similar assortment of beads.
But I still have a lifetime supply of other beads and things.

I made some earrings based on things I saw on Pinterest.

They turned out well enough.

Not too long ago I found some cool Czech glass beads at Hobby Lobby.
They were more expensive than I'd liked (but they were also 50% off that day.)

I spent $20 on the bunch, but it was worth it because each bead made its own earring.

Here is one I did today using a pair of those beads:

I didn't post back in January because the resulting earrings were TOO nice.
I don't enjoy tempting my people with things I don't intend to sell.
But if this work situation gets bad, I just might learn how to use Etsy...

These earrings I saw on Pinterest, looked interesting to make.

(I'm going to have to learn how to photograph my own stuff, on a more interesting background!)

I made this more for the challenge of figuring out how, than making something pretty.
The leather cord was too small to use a hole punch on it, and too tough pierce with a needle.
I used an X-acto knife to poke the holes.
The hole only goes through the top and you kind of gather it with the pin wire

I managed to copy the idea pretty well:
Leather earrings are always intriguing to make, but kind of weird to actually wear.
What if I used something other than leather for that part?

Later today I plan to go to the Pier and see what the beach is like.

Will it be crowded with people like myself, out of work on a weekday?

Comments

  1. I love to watch what you create Julie! You are a great problem solver. I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts