New landscape painting, more gardening

I am watching the cases of virus rise exponentially.
There are about 350 cases in the county, up by about 75 today!
It doesn't sound like a lot, but it's a sharp upturn on the graph.

Today, the beaches (at least in LA) have closed, not just the parking lots!

I don't miss the beach too much...
The idea off going out is starting to get scary!


I continued to fix the landscape painting I was "retouching."
The blue flowers looked like they were "floating," so I added some grass.

Here is what I finished with, before and after:










I can see now, where I didn't put the bluebells in the right areas.
But, I am ready to put it away for awhile... Maybe...

I started on a new painting based on one of my own photographs.
I took this photo last March at the Bolsa Chica wetlands.
I picked this photo because at the time, it reminded me of Romantic Era painters, like John Constable:

This canvas I had, was as big as the old landscape print.
It was a lot of canvas to cover with paint!


I worked for about two hours and got this far:
I didn't do anything with the water, yet.
I think the land area needs to be thicker, to balance out the composition.

Later, I did some more weeding in the back yard, and made a new pile of leaves.
I got the top of this shrub, and trimmed back the fern, (before and after):


















Next I will start pulling out the fern...
But first I need to give the spiders a chance to retreat!)


I started trimming this hibiscus tree to make it round.
All that's left are the very top branches.
The area underneath it is all full of grassy weeds, too.

I'm glad I have so much gardening to do!
It sure keeps me active while I'm stuck at home...

Comments

  1. Great blog, Julie! It is so interesting to hear and see what you are doing. Wishing good health and safety for you and you Dad, and the animals.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts