The shooting


Sunday after work, I was taking a nap, with my window open.

The sound of sirens woke me up, and I wondered if there was a chase somewhere.

The neighbor's kids playing outside grew quiet, and then I heard a helicopter.

Add caption
I called the manager who was still at church.

She was trapped in the office because of a shooter!



I was getting all kinds of different stories from the people on the street.

Although the manager said not to go, I walked to the church anyway.

It was all cordoned off.


There was a dead person in the street, and police with tactical gear and guns all around the place.



Everyone had a different story, that there was a chase, that there were hostages in the church, that the police shot the wrong guy!

I waited for an hour or two by the scene, until I heard that the manager had been evacuated safely, and all the staff and clergy were safe.
By nightfall, it began to rain and everyone went home except the police.


Here is the latest and most thorough explanation of what happened:

https://local.nixle.com/alert/7843050/?fbclid=IwAR1o97wu4wbfg9y2Blujk0W7-F7WiblF7fbWqSTQATET_dbUlVIS1CIWLgM

We were lucky it happened well before the next service, and the church was mostly empty.
I haven't been able to talk to any of my co-workers, since the office and school are closed today, and I feel awkward to text or phone about it.

I walked over to the church at noon, mostly because I didn't know what to do with a day off.


It was hard to believe the gates were closed, so I had to see it for myself.


The groups of police were gone, but there were detectives on the site.
Many people were forced to leave their cars behind.

I spent the rest of the morning doing chores and cleaning the house.

Comments

  1. Wow Julie! What a day! The night shot is especially strong.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts