I visited Seal Beach and found a label maker

Friday, I was finally motivated enough to do some chores.
I did a lot of laundry and little yard work.

Yesterday afternoon, I noticed the sky was looking interesting.
I decided to go to a different beach, Seal Beach.

There was no one on the freeway.
This is Friday, 5 PM!


My favorite seashell store at Seal Beach was closed, along with most everything else.

But the free 2-hour parking was wide open!


There were lots of people walking on the pier but no one on the sand.
A few surfers.
Imagine if all these clouds turned colors!
But, they didn't.

I went under the pier.
It's wooden and closer to the ground than the Huntington Beach Pier.
I made a video of this.
https://youtu.be/knEiu_N3oZc

Catalina made a pretty silhouette on the horizon.

In the end it was another nice, but not very colorful sunset.


Later I was at home looking for a tool to cut plastic.
My dad opened up this junk drawer and, I found something cool.


The label maker I remember from my childhood, in the 80's!

I didn't know what to do with it at first, but it was pretty straightforward.
I even found another roll of tape.

A search of the interent shows they still make tape for it!

It's a little finicky.
Sometimes it works perfectly, and sometimes it doesn't advance at all.

While I'm stuck at home, I'm going to label everything!

During this interesting week, I realized I had not taken a vacation since March 2018.

I don't get paid vacations, so I find taking time off very dear.
Now that I'm forced to take time off, I'm kind of enjoying it!

At the end of the day, I learned that the church building itself will be closed.
The staff was keeping it open for people to enter and pray (at a distance) but now they can't even do that...

Comments

Popular Posts