I made a wind chime, and got a new idea


I didn't go out Saturday or Sunday.
I heard that L.A. is starting to close the beach parking lots, to reduce crowds! Uh oh.

I did more yard work.
My dad cut the grass and I started weeding.
The front yard is looking better, but the green trash can is full, and it's raining today.

I decided to make a wind chime out of seashells.
I looked at ideas on Pintrest.

I had this plastic piece, it must have been a hanger for a scarf or leggings.

I drilled holes on the four corners, to attach something to hang it.
I got an idea to wrap it with jute cord, to make it look more beachy.
This jute is from Dollar Tree.
I could not wrap it with the cord directly from the roll. Otherwise it would tangle.
I had to cut smaller pieces, which I had to knot together, so it wasn't as neat as I'd like.
I also used hot glue.
Here is the result.
I picked out some shells from my collection.

The white clam shells come from the local beach.
They already have the holes.
I should look up what makes these holes. Is it the waves, or some animal?

I drilled holes into other shells using my Dremel drill press.

I used fishing line and beads to string it all together.
These beads came from an assortment of irregular beads.

Here I have hung up the windchime.
It still needs some more work on the top portion.

I got another idea for a craft project.
While I was cleaning the garage, I found a fugly painting from some dead relative.
It's a print, not a "real" painting. The frame is nice.

I used to be good at painting, and I figured I could retouch this.
Of course, I'd add something a little special to make it my own...


Comments

  1. I love your wind chime and your creative brain that is so much fun to watch,
    Anxious to see the frame creation. Thank Julie1s

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts