Re-churched

This whole week has been off kilter, since the shooting in the church last Sunday.


We didn't open the church until Thursday.

There were a lot of repairs to be made, as there were 8 bullet holes in the church!
I'm not quite brave enough yet, to see the places where they patched up the holes!

You won't see any of it in the news, because the news has forgotten all about us.


On Thursday evening, the Bishop came and blessed the church so we could use it again.
It was called a Mass of Reparation.

The Auxiliary Bishop and about a dozen other priests came.



The Bishop read some prayers in Latin, and then sprinkled Holy water all over.
It gave everyone a good feeling of closure.

I had several days off this week, during which I didn't do anything exciting.

On Friday I went to the pier.

It was cloudy, and I didn't feel inspired.



There wasn't a lot of color in the sky.


I managed to make some interesting pictures with the grayscale feature on the phone.


Today the time changed, so I'll be having more hours to go out and take pictures after work!

Comments

  1. Seems strange that the Register didn't cover it. Glad you are okay, Julie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts