Lots of face drawings from my journal


This weekend I didn't feel like going anywhere.
I was not curious to see the long lines and empty shelves that I heard about.


Every day at work, we would hear about another department closing down.
The Sunday school has closed, the daytime school has closed.
On Monday everyone is going to learn their new, shortened hours.

Only two weeks ago, a gunman was shot by police in our church, and we had to close it.
We had just started getting back to normal.

The weddings and Masses this weekend still happened, but who knows what's next?
We got a lot of anxious phone calls, and Sunday's attendance was down.
Usually this parking lot is packed.



I was too anxious about work to sleep well this weekend, so I was too tired to go to the beach. I took a nap instead.

While at home these days, I did tidy up my art room.

I found a couple Posca markers, still in their plastic.


This date and time stamp hadn't been used in years!

I mostly write in my journal, but afterward I like to cover the writing with paint.

Usually I draw a face over my journal entry.

I'll copy a face from a magazine, like cosmetic ads.

I want them to look weird and imperfect, though.
There was a time when it was really hard for me to draw in a spontaneous way.

Now that I've gotten lazy, its hard to draw "realistic!"
Usually I draw an outline with crayon and fill it in with watercolor, or something like that.

Sometimes I'm happy enough with the result.
If it isn't right, I keep adding more layers of paint each day.
Some of them need more work than others.

Sometimes I collage, too. These entries were about dreams.


The times are a little bit depressing and a little bit exciting.
Four weeks, with more time at home to work in my journal, and in my garden...

And go to the beach...

Comments

  1. I hope you are feeling better, Julie. My Dad used to say "don't worry about the things you can't control, but do what you can about the rest. And, the rest is pretty small. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts