Spring Sunflowers

Today is the 1st day of spring!

Yesterday afternoon I headed to the beach.
I decided to visit the Bolsa Chica Ecological preserve at the beach.

The parking lot was full, which is unusual for a weekday.

Last year, I learned that one end of the park has more flowers than the other.


I missed most of the sunflower bloom last year, and I almost missed it this year.
The paths in the park were mostly dry, except for a few puddles.

There were a lot of people walking and taking pictures, just like me.
There were plenty of good picture opportunities!
There weren't any clouds in the sky, so the main thing to see were the flowers.
When the sun set, I remembered that on the Equinox, it sets exactly in the West.
The sun set right at the end of the Palos Verdes peninsula.

At the end of the day, I learned that the church office would be open again, because the county restrictions didn't apply to office workers.
Some people were excited because they could return to work right away.

However, the church anticipates very little income because Mass is still canceled.
I was given a new schedule. I'm off until Monday, and I will only work two days per week.

Comments

  1. Beautiful photos Julie. I always click to enlarge so that which is beautiful can be seen close up and stunning. Your red car is looking good too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts