Sunflowers and Rainbows

I brought home a few sunflowers from my walk at Bolsa Chica.


Yesterday I decided to draw them with oil pastels.

I saw a YouTube video the other day and I tried to follow the same process.
I used a border of paper tape to keep the edges of the drawing clean.

I sketched an outline of the flowers.

I changed the proportions to make the flowers fill the page.

Here it is about halfway done:

After I filled in everything with oil pastel, I used a Posca paint pen for details.
Here is the end result:

Usually paper tape doesn't stick enough, but this one really ripped the paper underneath.
I know I have regular "artist masking tape", somewhere....

After that I went to the Huntington Beach Pier.
The sun was shining brightly through the clouds.

I saw a short -lived rainbow!

It rained, and I took shelter by the Ruby's restaurant, which was closed.

I was in no hurry to go anywhere.
I observed the sea gulls.
They were fighting over their perching area.
Maybe they were hoping somebody would feed them?

There were a lot of surfers, who were already wet, but not many other people around.

Eventually I went down to the sand and walked there.

It was very cold and rainy but I was reluctant to go home.
I waited around for the sunset, but it was too cloudy, and not colorful.

(I hoped that parking was free, but there was still an attendant, and it cost me $5.)

Not sure if I'm going to walk today (Friday)... It's less rainy but more overcast.

The situation at work changed again...
The governor made the rules a little stricter, and the office is completely closed again.

Comments

  1. I'm sorry Julie for the work news, but hope you can do mote of your creative stuff. Do you still have vivd dreams, maybe you could write in your journal>

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts