Ruining an old landscape print, part 2, and the pier is closed.


Wednesday I slept in really late and worked a little more on the landscape print.

I dragged my old easel out from a corner.


I tried to lighten the sky and worked a little on the ground.
I tried to add what I thought were bluebells.

It did not look at all like the original artist's!

Kind of an "unhappy little accident."
I will try to work on it one more day before I give up...

The cat was impressed with my new setup.
I think I will try making a painting from one of my own photos, next!
It's much easier when you have some kind of reference to work from...

The cat made herself comfortable on the chair, so I decided to go out.

I last went out, maybe Thursday or Friday, to the wetland preserve.
I heard on the news that many beaches and piers were closing, because of the crowds.
I decided to see for myself.

Sure enough, the Huntington Beach pier was closed!
They even put a big gate across it.
Police tape is very discouraging.

However, there was nothing to prevent people from going on the bike trail or onto the sand.
(I did look it up before going, and the beach itself is still open.)

I had a nice long walk and took plenty of pictures, as usual.

I'll have to go through the roll and pick out the best ones, tomorrow...

Comments

Popular Posts