Super creepy old doll. Warning! Creepy!


Today was my day off.

I thought there was going to be a good sunset, but it didn't turn into much.



Yesterday, at work, I saw a better sunset.





















The other day, I was doing chores and put some things in the linen closet.

I found a small box with random old things.

It had slides of pictures when we were kids, some safety pins, a thermometer, and a doll.





I forgot about it, so I was surprised when I found it on my desk today.





























The doll had a felt hat and felt bib stapled onto it.

At first I thought it was my sister's doll from the 60's, but it could be my mom's or aunt's.





The doll's arms weren't connected. I saw they had a hook, for an elastic.

I made an elastic loop from the stretch cord I use for bracelets.

I used a paper clip to thread it through the body.



















I think stretch cord lasts a little longer than regular rubber bands.






The head had no hooks but it had a horizontal bar inside of it.

I guessed that I could make a hook to connect the head to the elastic in the arms.


















It wasn't a great fix, not having seen how it originally went together, but it was pretty easy.



























I'm not a big fan of dolls.

As a kid I preferred dinosaurs and horses.











































I don't know whether it was my mom, grandma or sister who put me off dolls altogether.

They told me if I played with my toys after 7pm, they would come back to life after I went to sleep and dance around my bed!

This was a pretty good way to stop a kid from staying up late, playing.





Somewhere at the back of a closet are more old dolls, also my sister's or even mom's.

I did take them out once, for a creepy photo project in college.

But they are best kept out of sight.





I noticed that this doll's hair was crumbling apart and should be stored properly.

I found a good sized container for it.




























Now I know it won't be wandering around at night!


Comments

  1. Well she did look a lot happier after you did surgery. I was never a doll kid either, I liked animals. But your blog reminded me of the creepy doll I have in my studio. I keep meaning to donate her. She was $5 and a very used bride, at some craft sale. Maybe there's a blog in that?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts