Grids. Looking at a rose all day.



I continued the trend of making art in my journal, instead of bead crafts.




Monday I made another grid with a bingo marker.




























It was nice to take time and appreciate the way the ink dried.

































I also made a green grid.






























Yesterday I also drew the rose in watercolor again.






























I had an upsetting dream about staff changes at work.

It reflected a lot of what I was feeling.


Yesterday at work, I was wary that this was an omen of another crisis.





























I overheard two staff members discussing an important survey about our prospective pastor.

The one day I was sick last month, I missed a meeting about the survey.

The office manager assured me the meeting was unimportant and I would still get the survey.

But I had not heard anything else about it until this day.

I don't know if she forgot to put me on the mailing list, or if I was once again being excluded from another big decision at the office.































While I was sitting around reading emails and wondering, I drew some more in my journal.


The rose was still on my desk.




























I used some watercolor pencils to do the background first.





























I also used regular watercolors to make a wash.


I still haven't found the right shade of pink watercolor for flowers.




I used these neon markers to get a better effect.














































I also used a stamp and green ink in the background.


The glass vase is difficult to draw.






Another drawing:





























I'm not unhappy with my progress, since I haven't done any focused drawing in a month or two.








I am not feeling as patient as the tiny aphids I found.
































Comments

  1. I so enjoy your art work I wonder if you could try your rose using the bingo markers? Might be a color adjustment and out of your comfort zone, but I bet it would be interesting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a far out idea! I think I will try that, thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts