flowers and grids




This week, I seemed to do more journaling than jewelry.

I always have a lot to write in my journal, but not many pictures lately.



Last week, to get rid of artist block, I made a grid on a page in the journal.



























My friend, artist Jacki Long, often suggests starting with drawing a grid.

Then, fill in the spaces.

This one felt random, probably because I've hardly made art all month.

There was one space I couldn't fill.







Today I got up early and decided to draw.





I haven't drawn flowers in a while, so I found a rose that wasn't too shriveled


I drew an outline with ink and then filled it in with watercolor.



























I haven't drawn in a very long time, so it was a little wonky.


I drew it a few more times.



























I think I like to draw flowers because it is a good way to practice.




It's a 3-D object and not like copying a photo.






























The day was cold and windy. Even though I had the day off I stayed home.




The pets like it when I stay home and draw.




















They are not good friends, by the way.

If the room wasn't so small, they wouldn't be so close together.






At the end of the day, I made another grid.


I remembered to show a little of the process.



























I made the grid with a bingo marker.


At first I picked out scraps of paper in colors that made me happy.






























It started having a theme of birds and flowers.







Eventually, I ran out of things to put in the squares, so I knew it was done.




Comments

  1. I love your drawings and you were always so good at grids. By the way, I think wonky is terrific! Now I can see why people seem to like step-by-steps, I enjoyed yours too! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts