Rain, Flowers, and Planning a tree removal.

Today (Monday) I took enough pictures for three blog posts!

It rained today, which was good for the garden.

The rain seemed to bring down more flowers from the Jacaranda trees,

This is the time when the blooming trees start to lose their charm.

It's still neat to look at.
May is a very colorful time of year.

Today I walked to the church for my day of work.

Not much has changed. We still don't know when we will open for business.

I took a picture of the interesting equipment which is being used to make a live stream of the daily Mass, on Facebook.

While at the church I got the number of a good tree trimmer.

Last week, while I was in the garden, I was taking down an ornament from this big tree.

I barely touched a big branch, and it fell and almost hit me!


The tree has been getting rot, and it was finally time to go.
In the summer it makes nice shade, but it's also very messy.

Dad asked me to find someone from the church who did tree trimming.

This group came to the church three weeks ago, and donated their service to cut the church trees!

These pines are several stories high, and the cost to cut them would have been prohibitive.
I got their info from the pastor.

They quickly arrived this afternoon to do an estimate.
We had our trees trimmed about five years ago, and this company gave us a much better price!

Not only that, but they are coming first thing tomorrow to do the tree!
It's going to be a busy day!

I still made time to work in the garden.
I removed weeds from the area under the tree, since I'll have sit out of the way, tomorrow!

Here is before:

Here is after.
I mostly got rid of tall grass and weeds.
I don't like the iris, because it looks like grass, too.
There are also some rocks here which will need to be dug up and rearranged.

It was nice to imagine what it will look like, and what I'll plant, when the tree is gone.

Comments

  1. So much progress and it is therapeutic too?
    The before and after, or step-by-steps are so interesting.
    If they do a good job, you might want to post the complete card?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts