Gardening, and my neighbor borrowed a bird feeder


I did a little gardening Monday and Tuesday.

A few weeks ago, my dad ordered a hummingbird feeder online.
He thought he ordered one, but we got two in the package!


I put one bird feeder near the patio:

The other one about 6 feet from the neighbor's fence.

Yesterday I saw the hummingbird feeder hanging from a hook in the neighbor's yard.

This is really discouraging. They didn't even bother to hide it!
If they had asked about it, I would have given it to them, since we had two.

I would like to think there is a story behind it.
Perhaps some kid didn't know what to get their mother for Mother's day...

I worked in the yard all day yesterday, but didn't see the neighbor to ask about it.
I trimmed this area:

(The dog is standing where the hook was, when they took the feeder.
I moved the empty hook closer to the fence so they can see that I know they took it...)

Another thing I did yesterday, was to rearrange this weedy planted strip.

It had a lot of plants that didn't do anything anymore.
Even plants sometimes don't "spark joy."

I kept the roses of course.
They are about as old as I am.

I moved this rose to this spot where it will get more sun.

The cat had to inspect everything.

She had a haircut recently but that didn't seem to deter her from sitting on the rose.

Every year we have a pair of Hooded orioles come to the area.
I saw one at the end of the day, and played the bird's song on my phone.

The pair came to investigate the intruder!

Here is a better "after picture" from today:

I have two more areas in the yard to dig up in the same way, but the trash can is full!

Guess it will have to wait until next week.

Comments

  1. Strange! Hard to imagine how the neighbors could rationalize such an act? Hope this story will have a happy ending?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts