Gardening is becoming a routine

This week I did a lot of gardening.
I seem to have a pattern of doing house chores and drawing in the day,
and about 2 or 3 hours of gardening in the afternoon.


Recently, a couple crows have come to eat little fish from the ponds.

They could eat the goldfish, but I'm not concerned yet.
There are an abundance of other tiny little fish in the pond, provided by the city for
mosquito control.

Today I weeded this area under an orange tree.
It already has some Calla Lilies and other lilies.
I had placed decorative rocks here, and they needed to be dug up and refreshed.

Here is the results:
I added some potted plants, and some more of the Clivia Lily that I dug up elsewhere.

Here is another view:

The rest of the Clivia lily got planted in the shady strip, with more decorative rocks:
I still have a bit to do with this strip.

My next area to work on is this patch full of ferns, by the pond.

Here is what it looked like in 2017, when it was all cleaned up:

Now it's completely overgrown and you can't see all these nice rocks.

I got less than halfway done.
I tried to sift the rocks from the dirt, but I can see I'll need some more rocks.

Working in the garden isn't all dirt and hard labor, though.

This week I caught myself actually relaxing, and just looking at things.
Like all the birds, or this big goldfish in the pond.


In a couple weeks, I can envision my yard having fewer areas that I have to crop out of pictures, because they were too weedy, or full of junk!

Comments

  1. great job julie, it's fun to see your brfore and after shots. The smaller pics don't do justice, like the final goldfish photo, wow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts