Happy Mother's Day - May crown


During the week I drove around a bit.
The beaches are semi-open, but this season is always full of tourists.

I enjoyed the sunsets from the safety of my car.

I did not do much gardening this week.
Saturday, I cleaned the weeds from this section of the front yard.

I remembered to take an "after" picture:

The neighbor's cat came to visit.

These lilac colored roses are all finished blooming:

I trimmed the dead ones, but they don't seem to produce as long as some other roses.

For a mother's day project I made a crown for this statue, in memory of my Mom who passed away now three years ago:

I used some sparkly cord as a base.

I also already had these ribbon flowers (there's some plastic beads in there too)
.

I used an ink bottle as the base.

This way when I glued the flowers on, they would not look droopy.

Here is the statue all cleaned up:

It's too bad the sun didn't come out for the picture, today...

Happy Mother's day!

Comments

Popular Posts