Dividing and conquering the jungle


This afternoon I continued working on this area where the tree used to be:


Last week I cleaned up this other area:
I dug up several dwarf Bird of Paradise.
They didn't come out with many roots.
At first I put them in a trash pile, but when the big tree got removed, I now had a place to plant them.

I put them in buckets of water, but I needed to plant them very soon.


So I had to weed the area under the tree to make a place to plant them.
That area did not have much weeding to do, luckily.

There are these spiky Asparagus Ferns and thorny blackberry that sprout up everywhere.

One thing I did was tie up the giant Philodendron leaves, to make it more visually pleasing:
(This was my own idea and not anything I looked up.)

Here is the area after tidying up:
The big elephant-ear philodendron now hangs more into the yard, than on top of the fence.

I dug up and replanted some of this smaller variety of philodendron or Monstera:

Here is the area about 2/3 done, at the end of the day:

Also re-arranged some rocks to keep the dogs out.

Yesterday I felt like I would need all kinds of new plants, to fill the empty spaces.
I'm glad all it needed was just some arrangement.

I enjoy focusing on these gardening tasks.
It keeps my mind off of the difficulties of the outside world.

But time seems to be passing by faster every minute...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts