Interesting week

I noticed I haven't blogged in awhile, and my stories are piling up!

My cat was not feeling well, so I took her to the vet Tuesday morning.

The new virus rules require you to call in when you arrive at the vet's parking lot.
When I got to my regular vet, they said they couldn't see her til Friday!

I searched around and found a new vet.
Because the holiday weekend just ended, there were a lot of people waiting.
There were 25 people ahead of me, so it was a three hour wait!

Luckily, we had a shady place to sit.
Cat was OK in the end.
She had a UTI, but nothing serious as I feared, like kidney stones.

The new vet is farther away than my old one, but they treated us very decently.

At church Tuesday, I heard that we might begin services by June 13th.
They could open sooner, but we don't have a plan for how to organize the people.
We don't want a stampede!

The pastor asked me to fix some altar candles so that they had a longer wick.
They use the candles in the live stream, and they want the flame to be seen.
I cut the tops off with a saw, so they were an even height.

The saw broke!
(I got this saw at the Dollar Tree.)

But I figured out how to fix it.

It made me glad to know I am older and wiser, and can fix things now.
When I was young, I could only break things...

Then I used a torch to melt away an area around the wick, so it appeared longer.

However, I watched the Mass live stream today, and they used a different candle.
Maybe I desecrated the candles?
Oh well, I tried!

Other things I did this week were to work in the garden, of course.

I am slowly whittling away at the stubborn fern in the center of this picture:

Also I got some solar powered spotlights. to light up the ponds at night.
The little lights are from the Dollar Tree and I also got some rock spotlights from Big Lots.

There are actually two ponds.
The pond near the house has the statue of Our Lady, and the jasmine arch.
Here it is tonight,  with the new lights:

This waterfall is not connected, because it is hard to get both of them to work consistently.
It has to do with getting the pressure right.

Today, I got a new, simple idea on how to do it...

The other pond, by the fence, has the waterfall that works:
(This is the area I was gardening last week, near the tree that was removed.)

Here it is today with the new spot lights (and some old hanging lights) :

The water travels down toward the pond by the house, through this little river:
(In this picture I was gardening, and turned around to see all the animals watching me!)

This weekend, I hope to finally finish with the rock areas around the ponds.
I'm excited that the yard is looking nice enough that when I take pictures, I don't have to crop out the areas with ugly weeds!

Comments

  1. Good job Julie, it is interesting to see your progress and the pets. I love your quote"
    "It made me glad to know I am older and wiser, and can fix things now.
    When I was young, I could only break things..."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts