Wax on, wax off.


On Sunday I mostly stayed home and did chores.

I started polishing the wheels on the Red Car and cleaning the interior.
The car show is less than 1 week away!


Before:














After:

It takes about an hour per wheel.
The super shine only lasts for a few days, too.

Many people put clear coat paint over their alloy wheels, to prevent having to do this.
But I don't feel like it looks the same afterward.
















I only did one wheel and then ran out of polish.
I went to the auto store to get more supplies.


I bought Rubbing Compound, Polish, and Wax.















I usually don't go through all these steps.
(There are many brands, I'm not a particular fan of any one product)

The main reason to do it now, is that the tail-wing-spoiler-thing is starting to get faded.























The patches are faded because the outer clear coat of the paint is getting thin.
Using Rubbing Compound and Polish will temporarily bring back the color in these areas.


Here is a before and after of some of the areas on the tail wing spoiler thing.
















































I was pleased that the product worked as advertised.

The front end had some of the same issues.
I did the far right corner.
Toward the left is the faded area:













A red crayon is a good way to fill in the bigger chips.

Monday, I polished another wheel.

I also noticed the side mirrors also had the same dullness.
























Here is the opposite mirror, after polishing:
















Today, Tuesday, and tomorrow Wednesday, I have to work all day.
So far I have 1/3 of the trouble spots all polished, and 1/4 of the interior vacuumed.

The polishing is worth it, despite a chance of rain Saturday.
It will be shiny, even if it rains.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts