old guitar






















This week, one of my co-workers mentioned that somebody at the church was going to give guitar lessons.

I don't really want to try being part of a church choir again.
But I remembered that we had a student guitar at the house. It used to belong to my brother.

The last time I saw it, (10 years ago?) it looked bent, because it had the wrong strings on it.
Also, I always felt like my fingers were too stubby and useless, to play.

I found it stored deep in a closet in the garage.
Right away, my pets assumed it was something for them. 😒

Here,the cat was mad that I didn't allow her to explore the closet.
Sam saw my camera, and a platform, and decided to do his best trick:





















He does a good impression of a circus seal.

He didn't respect the empty guitar case either!





















It took forever to clean the hair out of there...

The cat also was curious because the case was like a big fancy box.






















I took the guitar out and saw that there were only four strings on it, now.
The neck didn't look bent anymore!

The pattern around the hole was my favorite part of the guitar.






















It brought back vivid memories.
I was in awe of the guitar, but I also wasn't allowed to play with it.

The cat was very interested in the broken strings.





















Do they call that Cat Gut? Or is it only violin strings?


I played something like a note, on the very out of tune guitar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPQahOgtzXE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uacGLUKXdDE
Sam was not impressed.
However, I felt more confident that maybe my fingers could learn the chords.

Today I went to the Guitar Center store to see what kind of strings it needed.
I told them about the bent neck.
They will try to string and tune it for about $35.


It's possible that the guitar will appear bent again, or not be able to be tuned, or even fall apart, when it gets strings!

I will find out very soon...

I'm not sure why I decided to embark on what could be another hobby....

Maybe I'm inspired by the start of a new decade?

Comments

  1. Great idea and I agree it's a pretty guitar!. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts