It's raining again.


This week was mostly cloudy.

It rained Wednesday.











I had an unusual day off, Thursday.
I spent the day at Don the mechanic's.
I cleaned out a pile of leaves from under the hood.

















Don replaced the brake Master Cylinder.






















It was the likeliest cause for why I had no brake pressure.
It didn't fix the problem!
Don checked many other brake parts and bled the lines.
























We discovered that this rear brake was leaking, (not a very big leak.)
















But to fix the leak, I'll need to order a part.
Don was able to get the air out of the brake lines.
This enabled me to drive the car home, and I'll have brakes for a couple days.
So I should be able to attend the car show.

The car show will be at a park next to Irvine Lake.
I looked it up online.














It was not the park that I thought it would be at (one with many old trees)
It appears that the general admission cars (like mine) will have to park on the grass.















I can only imagine the condition of the lawns after all the rain so far.
As of this blog post, the show is still going to happen!
I guess the show organizers don't want  to issue refunds.

Today I kept detailing the car, with some optimism.
I shined the wheels some more. I shined the center part of the tail lights.
It is made of a different kind of plastic, and gets dull, and needs to be shined.

Other car (before)













Red car (after)
















I did wash the whole car Thursday, and polished a few problem areas.
I was hoping to do an all-over polish and wax, today.
I set aside several hours for that, since I work the evening shift today.

Unfortunately it began to rain.













It is now a steady downpour.
I knew it was forecast to rain this weekend, but I was in denial.
Perhaps if the rain continues, no one will notice the dull areas on the paint.
It will never be shiny enough to my satisfaction...

Now I am kind of hoping the show will be postponed?



Comments

  1. You take such good care of your cars.
    Glad Don was able to help you some, I thought he was going to retire? As long as I've read you blog anyway?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts