Saturday at the beach


Saturday, after work, I went back to Huntington Beach.

It was gray and overcast.

The staff at the church has put up the banners for the Guadalupe festival
(from the 3rd to the 12th.)















I knew I wasn't going to get epic photos this day.

Between Thanksgiving and another upcoming dinner Sunday, I needed the exercise.

The beach was still nice and empty.





























I don't wade in this water, I wear shoes, and clean everything like shells, with bleach.
Any time of the year.















This day, I found another sand dollar.

























This one was alive. See all the spines, instead of the flower pattern.

I made a video. I apologize for the shaky view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP2z0t6YFdg

If you look closely you can see the tiny spines moving in a psychedelic way.
Kind of reminds me of a starfish or sea urchin.'

I also found some shells with ready-made holes for jewelry.

























I haven't really felt like making jewelry lately, but it's nice to have.

Here's a picture of what I collected over both days.

























(Huntington beach is not a protected beach and I didn't harm any wildlife)















At the end of the day I got some nice pictures of the pier with its lights.
















Comments

  1. Great shots Julie! I think the small photo posts don't do justice to your stellar photography. Have you ever considered posting your photos larger? See Mary Ann's:
    https://dispatchfromla.com/2019/12/cloud-piles.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a cool blog! Thanks for the link Jacki!
    I know I have options to change the width of the blog screen, but I'm not sure how it works yet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts