I think I'll start by playing the blues














This afternoon (the 25th) it had not started raining yet, so I went out.

The Green car has been telling me that it wants a new transmission for a few months.
When it was my only car, and I'd race it, and I'd need a rebuilt transmission every year.
This one lasted 5 years, and even after it started slipping, it held on for many months.
Today it just wouldn't go into 3rd gear, so I parked it.

I don't know when or how it will be fixed yet...
It's not a surprise, but still sinking in.

The Red car still has brake pressure (but it still has a leaky caliper) so I took it instead.

This time I went to the Seal Beach pier, which is a longer walk, but a smaller beach.













The rain was almost upon us, so it was dreary and didn't make great pictures.

Nobody was on the sand because it was cold. I also didn't go down there.













At least I did a little exercise, and I was able to get a parking space in the free area.

Today I found a guitar tuner website on the internet.























It was easy to use.
I've had singing and keyboard lessons, and my brother and sister played guitar.
So tuning it "by ear" wasn't exactly new.

Once it was somewhat in tune, the neck didn't seem to be too bent, yet.






















Perhaps I will have to tighten it every day to tune it, and someday it will bend again.

Today I was able to play the chords I learned two days ago.
I was excited that they actually sounded like they should!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM9jAoEN5_0&feature=youtu.be

If I thought anyone would see this, I probably wouldn't post it. It's just for fun!

I don't know how long I will be amused by this new hobby.
I will give it a month and if it goes good, maybe I'll take real lessons.

Comments

Popular Posts