Whole lot of pictures and stuff for Christmas

I've been doing altogether too many things lately, to blog about!


Orchids, today













If I don't post photos to my blog right away, they quickly get stale and I forget them.

So:

The guitar came back looking nice.













Yesterday I watched a YouTube video to learn a simple chord.
The guitar sounded awfully out of tune!


Before I try more, I need to download a tuning app.
The guitar still has issues with warping.
If I can't tune it, it will be really hard to learn to play.

I'm not discouraged yet, it's awfully pretty.














There were a lot of outrageous looking guitars at the store!
I was too nervous to try to take pictures, but next time, I must.

Earlier yesterday, the office manager asked me to fix the broken fingers on a baby Jesus for the church creche.



















The manager even let me go home and get supplies.
I made some fingers out of Sculpey clay and baked them.













On a hot plate, in the break room!

The fingers changed shape when they dried, and left gaps.
And got a little burnt.














I fixed the gaps with super glue and acrylic paint.



















It ended up a little rough.
But it's nice and solid.
Anyway, the staff wants to buy a nicer nativity, so they probably won't use it next year.

















They said the baby looks like He has a military style haircut...

Also, two days ago:

I had a snow globe laying around, that I bought at the Dollar Tree.























It was a pretty good deal for $1.
It came with instructions on how to fill it, and hasn't leaked yet.

I guess it's time for a disclaimer:

Anyway, I don't know why, but, I made a Unicorn Galaxy snow globe:























There's a unicorn in there, somewhere.


Today (Tuesday the 24th) I worked in the morning at the church.

In the afternoon I went to the HB pier, (again, of course.)
It was a great afternoon with clouds, and few people, because it was cold and dirty.















Once again I took too many pictures to post them all up.

Lots of people had scratched messages in the sand, like this one that I borrowed:

Comments

  1. Really a nice blog,Julie. I love hearing what you are up to. I have to say, mending the baby Jesus is pretty impressive, it will be good on your resume.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts