Vinyl Records


























Yesterday was another interesting day at work.

There was a lady with problems who was very mad. She took a swing at one of the priests, but one of the ushers got in between them and got hit instead.
Everyone wished I had taken photos of it, but I was busy calling 911...


I got out of work too late to do any crafts.

However, I had this bunch of pictures on my phone I wanted to post.

The pictures are kind of random, like the crazy things going on lately!
























Last week, my dad was watching a daytime TV talk show.
They were interviewing a musician I hadn't seen much of lately, (Garth Brooks.)
My dad said, "he has a new album coming out, but it's on vinyl."

I commented that all the young people are now buying records again.
He looked for one of our old record players, and was determined to get it to work.


















Meanwhile I found all the old records we had as kids.
















We only had like 20 records total. I think that's all we ever had.

I filled today's blog with pictures of some of my favorite records that I found.
(Sorry if they are all at a funny angle, I couldn't find good lighting.)

Some of them I remember listening to over and over.



























I always liked the picture of the candy on this record:























I was never a big fan of polka, but that's what we had...

Many of the records had way more interesting covers, than what was inside them!

As a kid, I especially liked the horse on the cover of this one:
























I don't remember the songs on any of these records.
I will have to play them and see if they are familiar.

Some of them looked boring, but I remember playing them again and again.

























Besides Mexican polkas, there was also mood music from the 60's.

























Our family was very religious, so there were also these:

















































I don't remember this one at all, but I like the title:


Today my Dad got the record player to work with our TV's sound bar.
It wasn't easy but he likes a challenge, and it kept him busy all day.

I haven't had a chance to play any of these records, yet.
Not sure if I want to go down that road...


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts