Barnacle


The other day when I went to Seal Beach, I went to the seashell store there.

I was looking for a kind of large shell to put plants into.

I saw all kinds of shells, which all inspired me with ideas.
They also have rocks and stones, and gifts.

I bought this geode.
It was only $4. I don't know what I'm going to do with it, yet...

They had nice Amethyst crystals, too, but they were up to $20.
Big Abalone shells were also like $12 so I decided to wait until they went on sale.

In one bin, they had barnacles! I bought the largest one.


It was only $10.



It seemed like a great thing to put plants into, with its ready-made holes.


After playing around with bits of plants and moss, I decided nothing looked good in the holes. The holes were fine like they were.

I thought of covering some chips and holes with seashells. but that wasn't right, either.

I ended up using some of this fake succulent plant that I recently got at Michael's.

This is what it ended up looking like, with nothing in its holes.


Or maybe I haven't found the right thing for it, yet?


I ended up staying home all day Sunday.

My caterpillars began to make their cocoons.



Later, I made another seashell craft with these shells I bought last year:


I think these were in a big assorted bag, also from the Seashell store.

I had an idea that I saw on Pinterest.

First I needed to make holes in the shells.

I strung them with this fishing line.

I bought this more than 10 years ago, and it is never going to run out!

Here are the shells on the line:


I put little air plants in them, and hung them from a tree:


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts