Some crafts with plants

Over the holiday I made some interesting plant holders.

First, I saw an idea on Pinterest that looked like this:


















I know I have lots of wire...



















Air plant kind of grows wild in my backyard...




















You would think I had enough rocks, too, but I wanted a nice crystal.
I had seen similar crystals at Michael's, but when I went, there weren't any I liked.

I did find a big chunk of glass in the same part of the store.
























It was pretty simple to attach a wire to the rock:























This is what I ended up with:























I also ended up with a large pale spider that escaped into my room.

Before I bought the glass rock, I looked around the house for other plants and containers that I could use in a similar way.
I had this great big shell that I got at the shell store at Seal Beach.























It's not a conch but very similar.

I also have a lot of these succulents growing on their own outside:













Last year I put little cuttings into tiny containers with gravel.
I didn't water them so they died.

Here are the new little plants I picked out.
























I still had the same gravel so I put that in the shell.
















I thought about using air plant, but I put the succulents here instead.
Here's what it looks like with the plants in the shell!
















I hope I don't forget to water them this time!

I have a lot of left-over plants, so I might continue to make this craft.
Also, I'm determined to find a nice crystal thing!

Comments

  1. I think they are great, especially the one that seems to float above the rock! Creativity A+

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts