Brief visit to Seal Beach pier

On Friday, I had the day off.
I went to Seal Beach, mostly because there is a great seashell store there.

Before shopping, I went to walk on the sand.














This wouldn't be a good day for sunset pictures, because there were no clouds.

It happened to be my only day off all week, so I went anyway.













There were a lot of birds and not many people.
The sun was so bright, I could not look in that direction!














Seal Beach is a small beach, with the pier in the middle.
Bordered on one side by the Navy yard and Long Beach on the other.














I kind of missed the challenge of avoiding the crowds at Huntington Beach.

This pier is the longest pier in the area.
A few years ago a storm washed the end off, complete with the Ruby's restaurant.













It's built low to the ground, unlike Huntington Beach which has tall concrete pillars.














I would have stayed longer, but I was parked in a 2-hour zone.
It was free, but I was worried about getting back in time.

I did look all around the sand for interesting things.




































I hoped to find driftwood, for craft projects.
Unfortunately, things that looked interesting, were actually mushy and gross.

I did get an interesting view of the sun through the pier.














I also bought two things at the seashell store
(and only two things, because I'm saving up for a new transmission)

I had to work Saturday.
If I have time Sunday, I'll take pictures of what I found at the seashell store.
Or go for another walk...



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts