Tidepools part 2


Before I get bored with these old pictures, I should continue with my tide pool walk:



I had already heard, Sunday, about the Kobe Bryant helicopter crash.

Just a coincidence that the tide pools are literally in his backyard.

Kind of sad to know that the big fog we had over the weekend had to do with it.

I did not want to stay home all day and watch memorials on TV.


So, to continue my walk at the beach: I reached a sea cave which I had seen a few times before.

This day the super low tide meant that one could cross the rocks to the next inlet.



I climbed the precarious rock and looked to the other side of the cliff.


It was a neat scene like another planet.


Just a lot of rocks, not much sand, kind of untouched. Nice.

Also another cave.


Or two.

One of the caves was full of water.


Once again, I couldn't get a good image of the clear water.

Since I didn't want to get my feet wet, I didn't explore it.

Maybe in a few decades, all these caves will meet in the middle? And make an arch.



I didn't explore that beach.

Now that I had seen what was on that side, I could go back.



The sun was almost coming out.



It made some nice reflections on the water.



Although I like to explore by myself, I wasn't upset to see a few people.


I've found that taking pictures of strangers adds perspective to my photos.


I took many other pictures of rocks and details, and videos too,  which I might post later.


I waited for the sun to come out, but it really didn't happen.

So, I made my way back up these stairs to the parking lot.



I wasn't so sore from my rock hopping, that I would not consider going again soon.

My way of seeing things has changed a lot in the years since I was here last.

I feel it's more worthwhile to spend the up to $15 for it.

I can't wait for my next weekday off, with more sun, and another low tide.

Comments

Popular Posts