Tidepools


Besides reading reports about the bad news today, the newspaper also suggested visiting one of the local tide pools during this seasonal low tide.

So I went to Crystal Cove, near Laguna Beach.


Parking was $15.
The attendant said there was also hourly parking in another lot, which I might look into.
But for today, I was ready to "spend big."

In my mind I go here all the time, but I don't think I've been here since I started this blog (about 3 years ago.)


It was a cloudy day, but not dull.














I started my walk earlier in the afternoon than usual, so that I'd get more light.
I got lucky and caught this gull taking off:


Photographing the tide pools was hard.
It was very reflective.


They make a special filter for cameras, but not for cell phones. (I think)

I was not entirely satisfied with the pictures of the things in the water.



I noticed everyone walking to this end of the beach.


There was a natural cave, which occur a lot around this area.

There was nothing in it.

The rocks that formed the cave were more interesting than the cave itself.

Some people were going to the other side, which you can only do during low tide.


It meant crossing some tall rocks.

I had already seen so much today, but I knew I would regret turning back...

So, I climbed the rocks to see what I could see.


Comments

  1. Very interesting, Julie. It seems like you can get different pictures of the same thing on different days or even times?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts