More Monarch caterpillars!














This week was interesting at work, but it wasn't all bad.
It's starting to feel like spring, already!

On Monday, the gardener plopped a caterpillar on my desk.























I once explained to him that caterpillars make butterflies, so now he doesn't spray as much pesticide.

I guess the butterfly I saw around Christmas had laid eggs, instead of migrating.

It's been a pretty mild winter.

I took the caterpillar home in some one's Tupperware.






















I saw two more butterfly eggs on the leaves, but I think they have since been eaten.

I found more caterpillars on the plants at home.
























I kept the one from work and one from home, in big jars like I did last year.

I left another caterpillar on its plant outside, to compare how they thrive.

We have a bunch of milkweed growing everywhere now.

























If we don't get an unexpected frost, we'll have lots of butterflies soon!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts