Tires, finally!


It's hot and doesn't feel like fall, but the oranges are starting to turn color.

















I have the entire weekend off!

I was able to connect with the tire guy, and went to see him this morning.

Here, I compared my old tires to the new ones:

























This angle makes the proportions look exaggerated...
















But, the new tires actually add like 1 inch in height to the car!

I was easily able to fit all the tires in the back of the car, since I never put the seats in it.















I like the smell of new tires!


I only got a little lost getting to the place.

















They used to be in the same business complex as Don's shop, but they recently moved across the street.

























This was my first time driving on the freeway since I saw the crack in the tire.

The leak from the power steering was worse than I thought!
















Like the radiator leak in the red car, it only leaked when I drove the car a good while.

(It actually never leaked this bad until today.)


I was really happy with the work the tire guy did.

















Also he balanced the tires with weights. That fixed a wobbly wheel.

The new weights are slim, so don't rub on the brakes like they sometimes can.

Also it was super cheap! About 25% of what the Big Name Tire Place charges.


Don's shop was down the street so I went there next.

We discussed the power steering leak.

Also I reminded him the Red Car has no brakes.


Don has been working on a friend's 67 Chevy.















Today they installed this shiny new radiator:
















I was happy to see Don was very well.


Don found that the power steering leak was only from a cracked hose.

I was able to find the part at a nearby AutoZone.

















I happy to learn I had $20 of points to use for a discount.

I bought a few other  things and the bill was $13!


The bag looks previously opened, which is not unusual.

I will find out soon, if everything is in there...




Comments

Popular Posts