It's not my birthday, but it feels like it.


It's not my birthday but I got myself some gifts, anyway.

I'm happy to have at least one car in working order, and able to go places again.

I went to Daiso on Sunday, mostly to get a gift for a co-worker.

Daiso never fails to have neat and interesting things.

I bought this feather shaped pen for myself:

























It's made of floppy silicone!

Today at work I made kind of a zen-tangle.


















I decided to bring the pen home, because it was too much of a distraction at work!

Another place I went on Sunday was Jo-Ann's.

I didn't buy any beads, but I saw this really neat trim of embroidered flowers.

























The colors were cheerful and inspiring.

I wonder what I'll do with it?

I cut out some individual flowers.


















They are too floppy to be earrings, I think?

Over the weekend I saw some videos on YouTube from this artist:

Peter Draws
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGtGTAa-xarr2HrEKRgRUHQ

(His art looks like a Zen Tangle so that's probably why I was doodling one today.)

I was so inspired by a tool he was using, that I had to get one for myself!

The package came today.

















It was not expensive, only $10-$15.
















I've seen these before, but I couldn't believe I didn't already own one!

























It's a dip pen, made of glass!

























All my ink is dried up, so I'm going to the store for new ink to test it out...


I'd probably have more friends if I gave gifts as nice as the ones I keep for myself!


Comments

  1. Am anxious to see how it works? And, you deserve gifts for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts