Not So Black Friday

Thanksgiving day was very rainy.














I wanted to go to the beach badly, because I hadn't been there in a month.
But it was literally raining buckets.
I even made a video about filling a bucket:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5ZWSGUFHqQ

Today, Friday, was a much better prospect for photos.
When I got to the pier, I was afraid all the interesting clouds had blown away.

I didn't look up the tides, so I was surprised to see a low tide.













Sometimes I walk on the pier for exercise but today I could tell there were better pictures down below.























The beach was nearly deserted.













The great thing about this beach is that even when it is crowded you can walk a distance and get the people out of your shot!
I think I saw the same dozen people all day!
















Like this man making circles in the sand.

The tide was so low, it felt like I could almost walk to Catalina Island!

















One thing I learned in school is that to improve your eye, you must take as many photos as you can.














It's easier, now that we don't have to use actual film!

I spent about 2 hours at the beach and took almost 500 photos/videos.
Too many photos to edit in one day, or put into one blog...
I hope to put up some more in another blog post.























It was a special day and I felt like somebody up there loves me...


Comments

  1. I'm sure you're right. I loved your video!
    Your photographs are so stunning when enlarged.
    My favorite is the shot under the pier with shadows.
    Great blog, julie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts