Played with the pen, made some earrings



This week I had no adventures.

The weather has been warm and dry.






















I work in the afternoons, so there isn't time to go walking before dark.

We have a new employee joining the office tomorrow, so maybe my schedule will change.

It's always exciting to meet somebody new.

The office rabbit is still there.






















It's a bright part of the day, when it comes out looking for treats.

This week I drew and mostly wrote in my journal with my new glass pen.






















(I haven't drawn much this year, so I didn't make anything I felt like sharing.)

It's a nice pen. It doesn't need to be dipped as often as a quill pen.






















It can get a little uneven, like a bamboo pen (I made some once) but it is mostly consistent.

I would be really thrilled if it had a finer point like a quill pen, but probably because it's made of glass, they can only make the point so fine.

The other day when I went to Daiso, I found these traditional Japanese hair ornaments.






















I think they are meant to be stuck into your bun, sort of like a chopstick with a dangle.

I bought two, so that I could make earrings. I took them apart.






















I ended up not using the glittery round beads, but I used the flower part.

I added a different flowery glass bead.






















This past month, I've been focusing more on my sketchbook and less on bead things.

Maybe next blog, I'll take some pictures from stuff in the sketchbook.



Comments

  1. I like you earrings made from kanzashi (HAIR ORNAMENT). ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Of course you would know what it's called!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts