Time to paint



On Monday I did not end up working on the car.

It ended up being too hot to be working outside, anyway.



I haven't been doing enough art lately, so I did that instead.



I made a grid, to get started, and glued things into it.





I used some receipts from a recent trip to the Art Supply Warehouse.




While browsing around the store, I found a Gelli plate.




I have never used this before.

It is a gelatinous sheet that you apply paint to, for stamping.


I watched a few tutorials. It seemed pretty straightforward.





I guess I put too much paint on it.





The paint just slid off the gelly.






It was hard to hold the thing, too.

I saw in the tutorials that they applied the gelly sheet to a block of acrylic first.

I don't have an acrylic block.

In another tutorial they laid sheets of paper onto the plate.




I had to clean off my brayer (rolling tool) so I wiped it off on the grid page.





That was the end of the grid!


Here is the page with the paint stamped on it.







I put collage on top of it.

This was much more satisfying.





Next time, I will use a LOT less paint.





Tuesday I had to work all day.


Somehow I made time to go back to the pier after work, and walked, and took pictures.





Tuesdays is the farmer's market at the Huntington beach pier.





The clouds were different.




October (and March) are some of the best months for sunsets in So Cal.



Today I have a short day at work. I have little time before work.

Maybe I will get lucky, and Don will be at the shop, and we can work on the car.


I also get out early.

I didn't go to the pier all summer, but now I want to go back again!



It's cloudy today...




Comments

  1. Fun with your gelli! You were always good at grids!
    So impressed with your photos! Great detail & color.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts