journal


The other day, it rained.

The clouds and sky are always the most impressive in October.




Here, I was driving to a Creative Journal class, on Thursday.



It's at Catalyst art studio near the Art Supply Warehouse in Westminster.

I have taken similar classes, by artist Jacki Long.



Jacki blogs every single day at her own blog, here:

http://jackilong.blogspot.com

She been very supportive, and an inspiration for me to make this blog.



Art Suppy Warehouse provides all the materials for the class.

It includes the journal, paint, markers, and papers to use.


Right away, I drew all over the cover with a paint marker.





I really liked these paint markers provided by the class.



I bought a basic set.



In the journal class we experimented with different techniques.

We poured paint and pressed the pages together.




Jacki gave us some sticks to draw with.





We did things like drawing with the non-dominant hand.




I didn't make anything that looked very exciting.




Mostly the pages were just a way to express myself and get the creative juices flowing.




Some of the pages are just a background.


Later on, I will write and draw and paste more things onto the pages.




Yesterday, I tried doing some more magazine image transfers with the Gelli plate.


I still haven't got the hang of it yet...




It was kind of hit or miss.




Comments

  1. Thanks Julie, I love it when you're in class!
    I hadn't noticed the horse in the 7th image before?
    Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts