Jewelry stuff



This week I have been busy.

Besides taking Jacki's journal class, and playing with the Gelli plate,

I found some time to make some jewelry.



(But actually I am very anxious and would like to get some work done on my cars.)



I had all these findings and earring backs, in a tray.




I put them into this organizing box that I got at the dollar store.

It only took 1 hour.




I wonder what I looked like moving all those tiny things one by one?

It must have been funny.

One of these days I need to video myself.



But first, I'd like to do some work on the cars.




This week, I was watching a TV singing competition on the internet.

There were a lot of commercials I couldn't fast forward, so I started making bead stuff while watching.


I was inspired by jewelry from a contestant.



I made these long necklaces with some round stone that my sister sent me for Christmas.


I think it is jasper.






This one I used round orange stones and also pale "waxy" glass beads from the Indian store.





While I was walking around HB, earlier this week, I bought this "tiger's eye" pendant at a kiosk selling crystals.



I liked it because it was half black and half brown.



I also found these "fossil shark teeth" at the gift store at the HB Central library.






I studied the pendant, to figure out how to wire wrap the shark teeth.




I decided the teeth were too fragile, and a little gross, so I left them in the box.





In January I went to the Indian store at the Orange Circle.

I bought an "obsidian" arrowhead there, but lost it when we remodeled the house.

I found it a few weeks ago when I did some organizing.

Since I was wire wrapping stuff, I figured I'd finally do this piece.


























The first wires I cut ended up being too short, and I had to undo it.

(Actually I have tried wire wrapping other things before, or it would have ended up much worse.)

Here is the end result!










































I wrapped the wires around a few extra times, so that the sharp edges of the glass arrowhead wouldn't poke me when I wore it!

I am definitely going back to the Indian store the next chance I get.





Comments

Popular Posts