Not the show I was wishing for, but maybe better





Today was a day off for me.



I really needed to get my roots colored, so one thing I did was visit my hairdresser.

She was able to fit me in for Friday afternoon.


(I had hoped to do some work on the green car today, but Don was not available.)



My hairdresser's salon is in Huntington Beach.

While I was there, I saw them practicing for the airshow.

















I'd really like to go, but parking seems like it would be expensive, and time-consuming.




After my hair appointment, I ran into a lot of traffic.

I stayed away from the pier, because I knew it would be crazy.




It was late in the day, and the light was starting to get interesting.






















I happened to be stuck in traffic right by the turn-off for the Bolsa Chica bird-refuge park.

I've been there a few times, like for school field trips.

I only seem to remember a lot of sun, and a lot of walking.





























Today I decided to try this walk for some exercise.

































I have taken a photography class or two, before.


One thing I remember is they told us to improve your "eye," you need to take as many pictures as possible.










































Just so you don't think every picture I took today was awesome -

I shot about 275 pictures this evening!























Back in the day, a roll was 25 pictures, and you had to wind it up carefully to replace it.






























With today's cell phones and digital cameras, you can take all the shots you need, to get it just right.





Usually I like a sunset with a bunch of clouds.

Today was clear but interesting with this iconic view of a lifeguard tower.























Long after the sunset, my phone camera was still able to take pictures without complaints.









































































































































I think it must have a separate camera for night vision.



Comments

  1. Wow! You and that camera are doing terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jacki! "the camera did all the work"
    I didn't photoshop them at all either, just a little cropping

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts