more art in the journal




This weekend, I didn't go anywhere special to take pictures.


But, on the way to the store, I leaned out of the car and snapped a picture of the moon.






I love being able to take pictures at night! Without a tripod, even!

I'm going to have to investigate this, more...





The past few Thursdays, I've been taking a mixed-media journal class.

We get a journal and we get all the supplies we need like paper, glue, and paint.


The teacher, artist Jacki Long, posts our work (the following day)

on her daily blog here:

http://jackilong.blogspot.com/



We started some backgrounds on the page in class, and later I added to them.










I am getting used to the idea that not everything in my journal has to be in chronological order, like a diary.



I have been adding a little bit to each page on different days.













































































Last week, we put together packets of a variety of paper, and made little booklets.












For a cover, we used colorfully printed Trader Joe's grocery bags:







The paper did not fit the shape of this bag piece, but that was OK.





At first I stapled one together in the middle.



This one I sewed with a thread and needle.





Another student brought both the long stapler and the thread and needle.



It was very cool!


I can't believe I've never made a "book" before!


Comments

  1. Great photos again Julie! I love that you made two books and had fun doing it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts