Turn of events

Last week was a little out of the ordinary.


At work, the decisions about some of the other employees were finalized. 

One of my former co-workers returned to help me at the front desk, which I am grateful for, but several others were let go...


This week the jacaranda trees in the neighborhood started to bloom a little:


They are from South America. If I recall, years ago, they bloomed in the Fall, but now they mostly adapted to our spring.

A neighbor across the way now has a Camaro! (similar to my Firebirds, but kinda beat up)


Over the weekend I put more of the interior pieces back together on the green car to make it more presentable. 

I added the sills on the windows, and the plastic trim on the floors, covering the carpet edge.


( Years ago, a friend's daughter sat on the window sill for a picture, which is why it's warped.)


I can't find a panel that covers this area under the dashboard:

I ought to have two of everything...


Monday morning, I visited the transmission shop again and it was test driven. 

I got some estimates. It was about what I guessed it would be. 

They are too busy to fit me in this week, so I will check again next week.


I secretly took some pictures of the interesting interior of the place.


They have quite a collection of old oil cans and memorabilia.


I've been emailing Don the mechanic for advice, since he put the last transmission in. 

He was vague with his replies, but it seems like he has a different idea.


This week has definitely taken some interesting turns...


I made these fall inspired bracelets, today:


The idea I copied, for this one was called "Sunflowers" :

Also during the week I made these earrings:

Comments

  1. Thanks for your update, it did seem like a busy one. Good luck with your car.
    Your jewelry is always great and I love the way you describe it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts