Trees and sticks and things

This morning was nice and cool. 

I got up early because the dog needed his vaccines, and the vet is first come, first served.

We stopped at the park on the way home:


This week has been a little less routine than most weeks.

On Monday we had a strong but brief wind storm, that set off two fires nearby.

There was a lot of debris on the ground.

Lots of Jacaranda seed pods.

At the church, the wind took down a huge tarp that covered the outdoor Mass area.

You can't see it in the picture, but the tarp also pulled down one of these light posts.


I thought again about bringing home some of the logs, for garden crafts. 

I tried, but they were so heavy I could hardly wiggle them, let alone roll them into my car.

Everything was gone by Tuesday.

They haven't finished cutting the rest of the tree down. I imagine such a big tree must wear down the chain saw quite a bit. I still have a chance to see the trimmer and ask him to cut me a smaller slice.

I also made a random assortment of earrings:



I'm still not drawing or painting as much as I would like.


The weather is finally nice enough to enjoy being outside.

Here is an updated picture of my fairy gazebo:


I'm not entirely happy about where it is placed.

It kind of  blocks the view of the gnarly tree trunk behind it.

I need to re-arrange the rocks to make it look more like an illusion.

I was also going to make a fairy bridge from the twigs I've collected.

Here, the cat is supervising the project:

I'm not really sure what I'm doing, so the project is stalled.

I tried using wood glue, but it takes a long time to dry, and it didn't quite stick.


No pun intended.



Comments

  1. I am so glad you are okay after the big winds and fires. I always enjoy seeing your projects and the one in the planning stage. Your earrings are lovely, as always. I hope you wear a different pair every day?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts