Terra Cotta Pot Succulent Wreath

About a week ago I saw this idea on Pinterest:

The way it was made was pretty straight forward.

Here is the back side of another wreath on Pinterest:


It seemed simple enough to make.

Here is a close up of one of those wreaths, showing how the pots are attached.

I already had a couple terra cotta pots and plenty of plants to fill them.

All I needed were the wreath form, and more tiny pots, which were very cheap.

I used about an 18" form but the ideas on pinterest used a 20" or larger wreath.

First I tried adding on some 4" pots I already had.


They were super heavy and they did not have any dirt in them yet!

I could see this was not going to work so I removed those.

This left me with only small pots, and I wanted a variety of sizes.


I found some 4" plastic pots in the garden.

I used some textured paint to give them the appearance of terra cotta.

Painting the pots and letting them dry, and re-assembling the wreath took a few days.

Here are all the pots now wired onto the wreath:

Although the pots are supposed to be hung randomly, some of them still needed adjusting.

Next I found some plastic succulents that I had leftover from a seashell project.

I attached them with hot glue to cover some of the bare areas:

I suppose I could have looked for even tinier pots at the craft store

But I was ready to be done with it.


I took it outside to fill with dirt and plants.

Trying to get soil in the wacky pots was extremely messy.


Here is the finished wreath!

This was a really fun project!

Comments

  1. A great step-by-tep, Julie! It's always fun to watch projects progress. Glad you are posting more often. I enjoy seeing whay you are up to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts