Fairy Garden Ideas

All year I have wanted to make new bridge for the back yard.

There is this little channel that runs between both ponds.

My dad once made a bridge of cement poured into a mold, but it eventually broke in two.

It serves a function to roll the trash can or lawn mower across the ditch.


I'd like a bridge that looks like this:


A prefabricated bridge like this costs about $125. 

I thought I could make my own for less, but the hardware stores don't sell the arched piece of wood that I want.

I looked at a lot of ideas.

One thing that came up were fairy garden crafts.

Here's a miniature garden bridge I saw on Pinterest:

Last week, I remembered to save some twigs from the yard waste.

A little fairy bridge would be cute to look at from inside the house.

It would go over this area:

I went to Hobby Lobby to get some more ideas. 

There was a sale on unfinished wood crafts.

I found two different things that led me into another direction:

This set of wooden train tracks for a wooden train.



It fits together to form a perfect circle, or two arches:

It's not strong enough for a human sized bridge, but at last I found an arch of wood!

And, I found this unfinished wood bird feeder in the shape of a gazebo:



Besides the bridge idea, I had seen ideas for little fairy houses made of sticks.

Here's one idea I saw on Pinterest:


The ready-made bird feeder saved a lot of work!

I even had an idea where to put it.

I wanted to cover an ugly bundle of wires on the ground.

The wires are for the fish pond pump:


Throughout the week, I crafted a little bit on each project.

I'll post some progress pictures, soon.




Comments

  1. You are so good at seeing the potential and making it work. I am looking forward to future pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts