Ancient Earrings and a new idea

This week I mostly spent thinking about doing something to the cars and feeling grumpy.

The Red car isn't really overheating after all, but I did buy a thermostat and extra coolant in case I decide to do that. The hot weather we had all week was very uninspiring.

The Green car's fate is still in limbo. The tags expired because I have not smog checked it. This has happened before. I will have to go to AAA or the DMV and get a paper "pass" so I can drive it to a mechanic to get fixed, but otherwise I can't drive it "just for fun," anymore.


Early in the week, I looked up ancient jewelry on Pinterest.

I saved a lot of ideas. These are the ones that I used for inspiration:



These are apparently Byzantine in origin. 

I picked these out because the components resembled things that I already had.

Here is view of the assembly in progress:


Here is this pair, finished:

I also made these simpler, green ones:


I didn't really go out of doors this week, but I thought of ways to use the sticks I collected from the yard waste last weekend.

The results are so long-winded, I will have to take it up in my next post!

Comments

  1. You are so good, Julie. I love how you use the inspiration, but make it your own. I love that color of green, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts