RIP Eddie Van Halen, and water hyacinths

I just heard in the news that Eddie Van Halen had passed away.

I grew up listening to rock music, although I never went to any concerts.

I have about 10 Van Halen songs on my phone that I still play when I drive around.


This patch has a funny story:

One day, my dad came home from work wearing a trucker hat he had found, with this badge.

Dad had no idea what Van Halen was, since he never listened to rock. After we told him, he continued to wear the hat until it eventually wore out.

I'm sure he has forgotten all about it, but I kept the patch.

I don't wear hats, and it's too hot to wear jackets, but maybe one day I'll sew it on one.


Yesterday, I found more water hyacinths growing in the pond!


I took some more pictures.

Close up Pictures.

They are definitely the coolest flowers in the garden.


I decided to take one inside to draw it before they are all gone.


I drew a bit with watercolor pencil.


I blended all the background with water.


I didn't get any farther, because it was time to go to work.

Today the flower had faded (but I do have the photos to go from)


I spent my free time doing a different craft...

Comments

  1. Great story about the patch. It is a keeper for sure. Your photos and drawing are really beautiful. I love it when you post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts