A little gardening "reality"

I didn't really do much all week, except work.

One of the tall pine trees by the Rectory was cut down, because it was leaning toward the building.

The pastor is afraid these trees might fall on somebody.

He would take them all out, but it's too expensive. I hope he doesn't.

I gathered some branches to use as firewood in my fire pit, but it will take months to dry.


I have this rack behind a shed (away from the house) where it can dry.

There was a lot of wood. 
I bet it would be great for crafts, but it was so heavy, and I don't have the tools to cut it.


I think this idea is interesting, but I don't have the tools to do it:

The large part of the tree trunk was still standing on Friday.

It was finally cool and overcast on Saturday.

I thought about going back to the church to see if there were any logs left, but instead I spent the weekend doing nothing but gardening.

If I see the tree trimmer with his chainsaw on Monday, I'll ask if he can custom cut some logs.


I had not done any gardening in 2 weeks. The fish pond needed thinning out again.

There are still water lilies blooming!


However, in a shadier part, I could see signs that the lily is going dormant.

In the winter, it stays very short and the leaves don't come to the surface.


Cat was pleased with my work, and she sat on the waterfall to survey everything.

The cat and dog and even the wild birds all seem so happy when the yard is weeded and trimmed.


It was pretty clear that the mimosa tree needed pruning back as well:

I am secretly happy that it is growing back from the stump that we left behind.

Two weeks ago, I started trimming this Hibiscus tree:


I stopped when the branches were out of reach.
You can see the shape I was trying to make.
Here is the finished tree:

I left a few straggly branches, because they are still going to flower.

Now I have tons more twigs for crafts:


On Sunday I decided to place my fairy gazebo outside in the yard.

I'm trying to hide these wires here:

I set the gazebo out, but it was kind of on a slope.

I had move the rocks all around. 

I remembered I still had paving sand to fill the uneven area.

I did finally get the gazebo where I wanted, but there wasn't enough daylight left to take a good picture.

Comments

Popular Posts