Stuff.

I changed the blog background from a stock image, to one of my own photos!

It reminds me of the good old days, when one could walk around outdoors...



The past few weeks have been hot and I was not very inspired.

It was too hot to go walking, or finish gardening, or even wash the cars.

Since I stayed inside most of the week, I did end up doing some creative stuff.



A few days ago, I used a wire jig to wrap wires:

























This jig is a kind of peg board that you wrap wires around to make shapes.




















This jig is actually called a Thingamajig!

Here are some wire shapes I made with different arrangements of pegs:
















I think wire wrapping is a little boring.

I made a bunch so I'd have them for a day when I don't want to do this step.



Through the week, I've also been pasting things into the handmade journal.


















I'm not finishing the pages in order.


















I add collage through the book, little by little.

I find pictures in magazines or interesting paper and paste them where it feels right.















None of my own drawn artwork, so far.

It's hard to tell when the page is done, and some pages are still "blank"


















These were just some of the pages that felt "done."



Today I also made these earrings.

























I got all the ideas from earrings I saw on Pinterest.

























Even though I copied the ideas, they didn't turn out exactly like the original.

These earrings sat around for awhile, unfinished because they looked odd:

























Here I re-arranged the beads and made it look more balanced:

























Tomorrow is already September.

I always like to start a new month planning to be more creative than the last one.

Comments

  1. Hi Julie, missing you. Glad you used your own stunning photography to share with us. I love your earrings and learning about a thingamajig! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts